LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Control

DailyDi

Control  

465 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel in control of your fetish?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
  2. 2. Could you "Quit anytime I want too!"

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

If you're afraid you've lost control, you might want to think of it this way: if you are able to choose what brand of diaper you want, choose where to buy it, choose how much you're willing to spend, choose where you're going to stash the diapers, and choose when and where you're going to put them on, then you are in control. Wearing diapers is a habit for some, perhaps even a compulsion, but it's not involuntary, so you CAN quit, if you commit yourself to quitting. It may not be quick and easy, but you are not stuck with this forever. Wearing diapers should be enjoyable, not mandatory. :)

• 6 months later...

Yes, and not sure. I'm a dl with desires for ab exploration. I wear occasionally. I'm in complete control of when I wear, and what I wear, but I'm not sure that I would want to quit. Frankly, I don't think I would want to quit. As a result, I can't imagine any good reason to quit without a desire to do so, but I suppose its possible.

Yes and yes. I wear and use diapers because I enjoy it. But, can and have stopped at any time. Just like I can start at any time. However, diapers are never out of my mind. I think about diaper fantasies day in and out. I don't have to be in them to enjoy them.

At my age I've given up trying to stop the inevitable :rolleyes: I love diapers and that isn't going to stop or change so I accept it. But I can choose how to deal with it :thumbsup: If it weren't for the possible social repercussions we'd all diaper most of the time :whistling: but most of us can't manage to get our lives to work that way, so we do what we must when we can and deal with it in the way that suits us best :biker_h4h: I'm not in control of what I need; nobody is. I'm not in control of what I want; ditto. But I am in control of how I deal with it, what risks I take, and how much I share willingly.

Bettypooh

I answered yes, I'm in control and no, I can never stop. I can manage to wait for time off to wear, but when that time comes, on go my diapers! I love being in diapers and plastic panties too much to ever give it up, though I've tried. I love being AB\DL!

• 2 weeks later...

1. yes and no. i mean, i control when i wear if i wear but still....i feel like my fetish sometimes determines whether or go out with friends or stay in with my bf and wear.

2. no. i think everyone goes through that stage where they are in denial and try not to even think about diapers. i never could quit my fetish and i dont want to :P

• 1 month later...

As others have said, DailyDi, you have asked a fascinating question. The fact is I am bladder incontinent and consider myself lucky I can control my bowels most of the time. This summer I will have been back in diapers for my wetting 32 years, during which time a whole lot of urologists have not cured my incontinence. So I am sure I have no control over my wetting.

In 1990 I made the concious and informed choice to adopt Adult Baby play as a coping strategy, on the theory: "Since I must wear diapers to avoid soaking furniture I might as well enjoy them." Of course by then I had started my career as an attorney, so I knew I had to set limits how I would behave as a big baby, when and where. This is why I answered yes that I am in control. BTW, for me AB is not a "fetish." I prefer the term "affectation."

I answered no to the question could I give up AB. Even if I were to stop wearing cute AB outfits to bed, I still would be wetting my diaper, so what would be the point in giving up the thing that makes me feel good about being incontinent? I think for me not being an AB would be insane. What could I possibly suck on while sleeping that is any safer than my pacifier? Is there anything better for my health I could drink from a bottle than the water, milk, juice or Ensure I use to fill my Evenflo?

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, I rest my case and ask you to decide in favor of my client.

Baby Angel, aka Angela Bauer

Well said! I liked the choice of the word "affection." I used to have bowel accidents when I couldn't get the diaper off quick enough. Now I just let things develop without trying to rush or getting angry if I have to do the "extra" cleaning. The AB play has helped.

I feel like I'm totally in control of my fetish. I deal with it when the need arises and indulging in it doesn't have a detrimental effect on the rest of my life. I don't feel guilty about it, and ever since I told my girlfriend I haven't even had to hide it. I think everyone here must have had some experience with the binge and purge cycle, at least enough to know that trying to quit isn't productive or healthy. So, yes I'm in control, but no, I can't just quit.

• 6 years later...

Diapers started out as a fetish for me. I wore off and on for years! Almost 5 months ago I began wetting my bed out of the blue! Doctor ran tests on my prostate, infection all negative! I work in a prison where I have had to cut a person down attempting to hang themseves, Restrain people that have cut their wrists. I've had people that I have been talking to one Minute the next I'm giving them CPR! It can be stressful. My doctor thinks I have PTSD! Not enough to get disabled but enough to cause my bed wetting! I will be able to retire in about 5 years, just trying to stay healthy until then!

• 2 months later...
On February-19-08 at 1:31 PM, DailyDi said:

How in control are you?

I wear something at all times, so I must be in control. I know who I am and wear the appropriate clothing for me.

The question of quitting seems counterintuitive to the definition of fetish. For me, no way.

For those that are incontinent, whether by choice or not, the question doesn't even apply. The diaper isn't optional.

12 hours ago, kevindhca said:

I wear something at all times, so I must be in control. I know who I am and wear the appropriate clothing for me.

The question of quitting seems counterintuitive to the definition of fetish. For me, no way.

For those that are incontinent, whether by choice or not, the question doesn't even apply. The diaper isn't optional.

I got the same feeling. It seems like a loaded question, that we're to assume diapers are an addiction we have to fight against. I am incontinent (OAB) and wear 24/7,

• Like 1

I know there is pressure to manage incontinence without diapers, but I resist it. Without diapers I would not dare to leave the house and go shopping, etc.

As a girl, I cannot easily use other solutions. And I have nerve demages so that I cannot use katheters.